We’re always interested in hearing from talented professionals interested in joining our team, please email a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]
Public Affairs and Communications Professional
Randle Communications is seeking a passionate Public Affairs Professional to join its growing, award-winning public and political affairs practices with a focus on supporting issues-based campaigns for some of California’s leading organizations and statewide trade associations. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of relevant professional work experience including legislative, campaign or trade association communications. The strongest candidates will share the firm’s passion for working on issues that are shaping the future of California.
The position requires execution of strategic campaigns to achieve client objectives including content and collateral development. Strong writing and editing skills required, with experience tailoring messages for legislative, stakeholder and consumer audiences through digital, social and traditional mediums. Must be a team player with strong interpersonal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce compelling and customized content to educate key audiences on complex topics including regulatory and policy issues
- Coordinate the development, tracking and reporting of digital public affairs and social media content
- Support client and industry media monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with in-house creative teams to generate compelling and original content on behalf of clients
- Support public and political affairs teams by collaborating in the development various strategic communication campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 2-3 years full-time work experience in public affairs, campaign, legislative or in-house strategic communications
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong time management skills
- Detail-oriented writer
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Experience with social media content production and analytic reporting
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday – Hybrid schedule with required in-office days
RANDLE COMMUNICATIONS PAID INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Randle Communications (Randle) is accepting applications from highly motivated college students and recent graduates seeking an opportunity to accelerate their career as a paid intern with Sacramento’s top public affairs and public relations firm. Randle’s internship program provides a cohesive, well-rounded experience, where young professionals can maximize their growth and development by learning fundamental and dynamic skills to fuel their career journeys. Our program allows participants the opportunity to learn about all areas of the communications industry with practical, hands-on experience, alongside a team of industry leaders who are devoted to providing support and mentorship along the way.
About Randle Communications
No challenge is too big, no detail too small. Creative, strategic and aggressive is how we work.
Randle Communications is Sacramento’s number one public relations/public affairs firm thanks to extraordinary people, experience and an unwavering commitment to clients. Our team includes one of California’s top influential former journalists and the best communications professionals in the business. Thanks to our amazing team, Randle has been distinguished as an A+ Employer and “Best Place to Work” by the Sacramento Business Journal for 10 years.
Randle Communications is located in the heart of downtown Sacramento on Capitol Mall, we are at the epicenter of activity and excitement and close to Golden 1 Center, DOCO and the iconic State Capitol Building.
Pave Your Path with the Support of Our Talented Team
Randle’s “team first” focus creates winning results and allows team members to thrive. Interns will be able to pave a path to gain hands-on experience in practice areas such as:
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Political Affairs
- Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Graphic Design and Video Development
Interns will grow through personalized mentorship from the firm’s senior leaders walk away with the essential tools, trending skills and well-rounded knowledge needed to gain a head start in their career.
Learn From Industry Leaders
Our team is composed of seasoned political strategists with experience advising Fortune 500 executives, governors and presidential nominees; public relations experts who have helped some of our nation’s most-recognizable brands to elevate their communications with media relations, messaging and digital strategies; and media experts, messaging specialists, and digital advocacy dynamos who are all excited to share with you their passions and skills.
This internship experience is best suited for college students and recent graduates who are/were Public Relations, Political Science, Government, Communications, Graphic Design or Journalism majors. Qualified applicants are motivated, eager to learn and have strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in public relations, legislative affairs, social media or politics is preferred but not required.
If you’d like to be considered, please email a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected].