Paid Internship Program
Randle Communications (Randle) is accepting applications from highly motivated college students and recent graduates seeking an opportunity to accelerate their career as a full-time paid intern at one of Sacramento’s top public affairs and public relations firms. Randle’s summer internship program is designed to maximize the growth and development of new professionals and provides the training and network to help talented interns launch their careers in the communications space.
Internships are best suited for college students and recent graduates who are/were Public Relations, Political Science, Government, Communications, or Journalism majors. This internship will start virtually due to COVID-19 with the potential for transitioning to in-person in Sacramento when conditions allow.
4 Reasons to Intern at Randle
- Best Place to Work.Randle has been distinguished as an A+ Employer and “Best Place to Work” by the Sacramento Business Journal for 10 consecutive years, and recently received national recognition by Inc. Magazine as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019.
- In the Heart of Downtown.Located in downtown Sacramento on Capitol Mall, we are at the epicenter of activity and excitement and close to Golden 1 Center, DOCO and the iconic State Capitol Building. (While this internship will start virtually, there’s potential for transition to an in-person internship when conditions allow.)
- We Put our People First.Randle’s “team first” focus creates winning results and allows team members to thrive. We offer competitive internships for qualified applicants who are enthusiastic, driven and eager to learn. Our program allows participants the opportunity to learn about the communications industry with practical, hands-on experience, as well as personalized mentorship from the firm’s senior leaders.
- The Best Talent. Our team includes:
- Seasoned political strategists with experience advising Fortune 500 executives, governors and presidential nominees;
- Public relations experts who have helped some of our nation’s most-recognizable brands to elevate their communications with media relations, messaging and digital strategies; and
- Media experts, messaging specialists, digital advocacy dynamos and two Emmy Award-Winning journalists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor online communities, including social listening and reporting
- Produce compelling social media content, including compelling copy, animated graphics and blogs
- Edit photo/video content and create graphics using Canva
- Analyze social metrics and develop client reports
- Support public relations and public affairs teams
- Research social media trends
Qualified applicants are motivated, eager to learn and have strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in public relations, public/legislative affairs, social media or politics is a plus. Working knowledge of major social media platforms and familiarity with social media analytics.
If you’d like to be considered, please email a cover letter, resume, sample social media content (optional) and references to [email protected]
Public Relations/Public Affairs Manager
Randle Communications is seeking a Type A and experienced communications professional to join its growing team. This position will lead high-performing client accounts as well as help develop and execute issue-based initiatives and strategic communications projects to support some of California’s leading organizations. The ideal candidate is a positive, motivated professional with at least 4-6 years of experience including relevant legislative, campaign or trade association communications. Must have a team-first mentality, strong project management skills and the discipline and focus to deliver results in a fast-paced office culture.
The position requires a strategic mindset and the initiative to create and execute campaigns that achieve client objectives in a high-intensity environment. Strong writing and editing skills required, with experience tailoring messages for legislative and stakeholder audiences through digital, social and print mediums. Experience with diverse communities and bilingual is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Positive, team-first mentality.
- Serve as client-facing lead on client accounts.
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations to achieve client objectives.
- Manage projects and ensure firm’s quality standards are met.
- Write, edit and manage the development of content across platforms to educate key audiences on complex topics including regulatory and policy issues
- Coordinate the development, tracking and reporting of digital public affairs and social media content.
- Assist with management and development of staff.
- Manage media relations for key initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 4-6 years full-time work experience in strategic communications, public affairs, campaign or legislative
- Strong project manager and multi-tasker.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented writer and editor.
- Exceptional verbal communications skills.
- Strong content developer
- Creative thinker with experience managing creative services (graphic design, video) team. Creative thinker.
- Confidence to take initiative and find solutions.
- Resourceful team player, who excels at building relationships with clients and colleagues.