Public Affairs Senior Account Executive
Randle Communications is seeking a Public Affairs Senior Account Executive to join its growing public affairs practice with a focus on supporting issues-based campaigns, and public affairs strategy and tactical execution to support some of California’s leading industry statewide trade associations. The ideal candidate is a motivated leader with at least 3-5 years of relevant professional work experience including relevant legislative, campaign or trade association communications. Must have strong project management skills and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced office culture.
The position requires development and execution of strategic campaigns to achieve client objectives. Strong writing and editing skills required, with experience tailoring messages for legislative and stakeholder audiences through digital, social and print mediums. Must be a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as client-facing lead on select public affairs accounts.
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations to achieve client objectives.
- Manage projects and ensure firm’s quality standards are met.
- Write, edit and manage the development of materials to educate key audiences on complex topics including regulatory and policy issues
- Coordinate the development, tracking and reporting of digital public affairs and social media content.
- Assist with management and development of staff.
- Manage media relations for key initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years full-time work experience in public affairs, campaign, legislative or communications
- Strong project manager and multi-tasker. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented writer and editor.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Experience with social media and analytic reporting.
- Experience managing creative services (graphic design, video) team. Creative thinker.
- Confidence to take initiative and find solutions.
- Resourceful team player, who excels at building relationships with clients and colleagues.
If you’d like to be considered, please email a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]
PR Digital Internship Program
Randle Communications (Randle) is accepting applications from highly motivated college students (graduating December 2020) and recent graduates seeking an opportunity to accelerate their career as a full-time paid digital intern at one of Sacramento’s top public affairs and public relations firms. Randle’s public relations digital internship program is designed to maximize the growth and development of new professionals and provides the training and network to help talented interns launch their careers in the digital communications space.
Internships are best suited for college students and recent graduates who are/were Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism majors. This internship will start virtually due to COVID-19 with the potential for transitioning to in-person in Sacramento when conditions allow.
4 Reasons to Intern at Randle
- Best Place to Work. Randle has been distinguished as an A+ Employer and “Best Place to Work” by the Sacramento Business Journal for 11 consecutive years, and recently received national recognition by Inc. Magazine as a “Best Place to Work.”
- In the Heart of Downtown. Located in downtown Sacramento on Capitol Mall, we are at the epicenter of activity and excitement and close to Golden 1 Center, DOCO and the iconic State Capitol Building. (While this internship will start virtually, there’s potential for transition to an in-person internship when conditions allow.)
- We Put our People First. Randle’s “team first” focus creates winning results and allows team members to thrive. We offer competitive internships for qualified applicants who are enthusiastic, driven and eager to learn. Our program allows participants the opportunity to learn about the communications industry with practical, hands-on experience, as well as personalized mentorship from the firm’s senior leaders.
- The Best Talent. Our team includes:
- Seasoned political strategists with experience advising Fortune 500 executives, governors and presidential nominees;
- Public relations experts who have helped some of our nation’s most-recognizable brands to elevate their communications with media relations, messaging and digital strategies; and
- Media experts, messaging specialists, digital advocacy dynamos and two Emmy Award-Winning journalists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists multiple client teams in media relations and execution of PR programs
- Monitor online communities, including social listening and reporting
- Develops traditional and social content, including newsletters, digital posts, collateral and media materials
- Edit photo/video content and create graphics using Canva
- Analyze social metrics and develop client reports
- Research social media trends
Qualified applicants are motivated, eager to learn and have strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in public relations or social media is a plus. Working knowledge of major social media platforms and familiarity with social media analytics.
If you’d like to be considered, please email a cover letter, resume, sample social media content (optional) and references to [email protected]